Mr. Robert Tang Yuk is the Managing Director and majority shareholder of TYE Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
He has held various positions with TYE since 1991.
Robert is currently
Chairman and part owner of Sitek Ltd., a business development company focused on the development of a manufacturing cluster of polysilicon, float glass and Integrated Solar photovoltaics.
Chairman of ExporTT , a state company whose mission is to build sustainable and diversified exports for Trinidad and Tobago
Director, KIND (Kids In Need of Direction) a not for profit organization whose mission is empowering children, transforming lives.
From 1986 to 1991, Robert served as General Field Engineer of Schlumberger based in Venezuela and Trinidad. Prior to joining Schlumberger, he served as the Maintenance Technician for Trinidad and Tobago Electricity Commission (TTEC). He began his career in the Research & Development Lab of Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago (TSTT).
Robert earned his Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, First Class Honours, at Queen’s University, Kingston Ontario, in 1986. He is a Past Student of St. Mary’s College
Port of Spain.
Previously held positions by Mr. Robert Tang Yuk are:
- Chairman, Urban Development Corporation (UDeCoTT), (1999/2000), the government owned company that
administers government construction projects
- President of Trinidad and Tobago Manufacturers’ Association TTMA (1998/1999)
- Director CBSL Caribbean Business Services Limited
- Director and COO, Trinidad and Tobago Pageant Company
- Director TTBS, Trinidad and Tobago Bureau of Standards and has participated in country promotion delegations to the Far East.